As a support team, we often spend large amounts of time trying to solve a problem in PeopleSoft only to find out later that it is a bug in the system itself. Frustrating, isn’t it? To save you some time, I would like to share with you some of the bugs we have discovered in PeopleTools 8.52 and HCM 9.1 FP2.
- You might have noticed in your PeopleSoft environment that the cursor jumps to the Date field when you are typing in the Description field in the EARNINGS Table under SET UP HRMS. This has been reported as a bug in PeopleTools 8.52.05. Oracle provides the following workaround to fix this issue: Open the ‘EARNINGS_TBL’ record in the application designer, open ‘DESCR’ field by double clicking on it, unselect ‘Autocomplete Configuration’, and save the record. Clear cache and test!
- When applying Bundle #8 to HCM 9.1 FP2, HR869377_01 DMS, the script produces the following error: ‘Failed SQL stmt:insert into PS_HCR_SM_ORDR_TBL values(‘P’,’PSHR_HIRE’,’PSHR_60_SAVE’,(select MAX(SEARCH_RULE_NBR)+10 from’. Apply bundle #9 to resolve this error.
- The Time and Labor launch Pad displays the previous employee selected. Bundle #11 and #12 contain the fix for this bug.
- It was also reported that, in Time & Labor 9.1, incorrect employee punch times display on current employee punch timesheets. This issue has also been fixed in Bundle #12.
- When building/altering a record through application designer, the build/alter process fails and crashes the application designer. Often, the following error is shown:
‘Error: SCC_DISABLE_STG – SQL Error. Error Position: 0 Return: 600 –
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [qmtGetBaseType], , , , , , , , , , , 
ORA-06512: at “SYS.DBMS_METADATA”, line 5088
ORA-06512: at “SYS.DBMS_METADATA”, line 7589 ORA-06512: at line 1’.
We were able to fix this error by applying the following steps:
- Set required initialization parameters on the database as follows:
- Run the following grants:
- GRANT SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE to <PS_ACCESSID>;
- GRANT EXECUTE_CATALOG_ROLE to <PS_ACCESSID>;
These are some of the bugs we have come across in our environments. Hopefully you will see these recommended fixes before you spend a lot of time troubleshooting. You have probably encountered other bugs and issues with different application/PeopleTools versions. If so, kindly share them with the Animato blog and Twitter communities.